Inquire about a virtual or in-person speaking engagement, please email Tanya at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Dorfman’s talks and workshops provide easy-to-implement tips and practices drawn from 30 years of clinical practice and personal experience as a mom of two raising teens in a bustling, highly competitive city.
Although all her lectures and classes are rooted in psychotherapy theory, they are always presented with humor in an easy-to-understand manner.
Some of Dr. Dorfman’s speaking and workshop topics include:
- Harnessing Anxiety in the Achievement Age
- Knowing Your PART (Parenting Anxiety Reaction Type)
- How to Manage Your Teen’s Achievement Anxiety
- Homework Dilemmas: Are You Empowering or Enabling?
- How Emotions Impact Adolescent Learning
- The Middle School Rollercoaster
- The Adolescent Brain: What’s Going On In There?
- Teens 101: Understanding Adolescence
- Let’s Talk: Sex, Drugs and Teens
Past Speaking Venues
- Horace Mann School
- The Dalton School
- Hunter High School
- United Nations International School
- Brooklyn Heights Synagogue Preschool
- JCC Manhattan
- National Adoption Conference
- SoHo Parenting Center
- NYU Child Study Center
- MyloWrites Emotions and Learning Series
- Lululemon + Teen Brain Trust
I’ve had the pleasure of attending many of Dr. Dorfman’s workshops and I can wholeheartedly say that she is one of the most down-to-earth people I’ve ever met. She has an incredible sense of humor and rapport with parents. I could listen to her all day long.
— Jennifer Kendall, Assistant Director of Preschool, Brooklyn Heights Synagogue
During Dr. Dorfman’s workshops at our school, parents hung on her every word. Her insight, sensitivity and expertise deepen every conversation. Every parent I’ve referred to her for a consultation has given her the highest of praise. No matter the topic, Dr. Dorfman brilliantly provides wisdom and perspectives that our parents value and request more of!
— Lisa Samick, Director of Family Engagement, Temple Israel of the City of New York